There’s a whole web full of educational content out there. Some of it is great, and some of it not so great. When teachers go to search engines to find resources to use in their classrooms, there’s no way for them to see the difference between the excellent and the ordinary. And they spend between 2-8 hours looking for content each week. Your content may be better, but there are not enough hours in the day to evaluate everything, so your content could easily be missed.
Moreover, if your content isn’t meeting their needs, you’ll probably never know.
By putting your content through the Ecos evaluation process, you gain real-user insight into your product’s user experience, its usability in current pedagogy, and curricular alignment. And by having it listed as an Ecos Evaluated resource, your product immediately connects to the teachers and school districts who are actively looking for products like yours.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team of real teachers and education professionals examines each resource thoroughly using Ecos’ 75-point evaluation in six categories:
- Assessment, including aspects of data collection, feedback to students, and use of assessment data to inform instruction
- Alignment to CCSS and NGSS standards and the strength of the alignment to those standards
- Instructional coherence to classroom application through instructional relevance, rigor rating, and text complexity
- Incorporation of UDL principles and applicability to diverse learners
- Detailed program description, including procurement and information on COPPA compliance
- User experience, with curated user feedback
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Bring Out the Best in Your Content
After our evaluation, we provide you with a full, detailed report of our findings, giving you a reliable third-party analysis of your resource that you can use for compliance, quality reporting, and future development strategies.